I was listening to one of Tony Robbins podcasts and he mentioned a short list of things, that if you follow, could change your life. An old friend of his, John Wooden, had introduced him to it and Tony Robbins has lived by it ever since.
It's very powerful and I presently have it in up in my office. Enjoy.
1) Be true to yourself
2) Make each day your masterpiece
3) Help others
4) Drink deeply from good books
5) Make friendship a fine art
6) Build a shelter against a rainy day
7) Give thanks for your blessings every day